I. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
II. OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information Collected from You
We may collect the following categories personal information submitted to us by individuals through the Services:
- Contact Information, including first and last name, email address, phone number, company or institution name, business postal address, job title, and your country or region. We use this information to fulfill your request or transaction, to operate the Services, to communicate with you directly, and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your preferences.
- Account Information, personal and/or business information that you provide when you register for an account to use our Service. This may include your name, email address, user ID and password, profile information, affiliations, billing information and any other information you provide to us. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant Service and information, communicate with you regarding your account and your use of the Service, and for customer support purposes. Please note we utilize a third-party provider to process payments on our behalf and do not accept payment directly through our Services.
- Inquiry and Communications Information, including information provided in direct messages, through forms on the Services, to one of our email addresses, or via phone. This also includes contact information provided on our Services. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to operate and enhance the Services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Newsletter, Marketing Emails, and Blog Information, including email address and applicable interests and communication preferences. We use this information to manage our communications with you and send you information about products and services we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving email messages from us, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
- Information Collected Through the Use of the Service, including any files, documents, videos, images, data, or information you choose to upload or transmit through your communications with us or your use of the Service (collectively, “User Content”), which we may associate with other personal information about you. User Content and any information contained in the User Content, including personal information you may have included, is stored and collected as part of the Service. We use the User Content to provide you with the Service.
- Feedback Information. We may also collect feedback and ratings you provide relating to our services or products. We use this information to communicate with you, to conduct market research, inform our marketing and advertising activities and improve and grow our business.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of many digital properties, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information from or in connection with your device when visiting or interacting with our Services, such as the list below and in the sub-sections here:
- Log Data, including internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, device type and version, browser type and version, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, other user agent string data, the time spent on our Services, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Services). Log data may overlap with the other categories of data below.
- Analytics Data, Including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the time zone, activity information (first and last active date and time), usage history (flows created, campaigns scheduled, emails opened, total log-ins) as well as the pages, links, objects, products and benefits you view, click or otherwise interact with. We may also analyze the interaction between you and your customer using our Services.
- Cookies. We may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect this personal information. We may use this information to distinguish you from other users of our Services. This helps us monitor and analyze how you use and interact with our Services. It also helps us and our partners to determine products and services that may be of interest to you trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements across the Website, and to enhance your user experience. Most browsers will accept cookies until you change your browser settings to refuse them. You may instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see the Control Over Your Information.
Personal Information from Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from third parties; which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual. We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- One Codex Entities: We may receive personal information from other companies and brands owned or controlled by One Codex, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as One Codex.
- Your Employer / Company: If you interact with our Services through your employer or organization, we may receive your information from your employer or company, including another representative of your employer or organization. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
- Other Users or Individuals who Interact with our Services: We may receive your information from other users or other individuals who interact with our Services. For example, if our users use the Services to share data with you, we will collect information from the other users in order to facilitate such sharing.
- Social Media: When an individual interacts with our Services through various social media networks, such as when someone “Likes” us on Facebook or follows us or shares our content on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks, we may receive some information about individuals that they permit the social network to share with third parties. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services. We may use this to communicate directly with you and to improve the Services.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as web hosting providers, marketing providers and payment processors, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us. The information may include contact information, demographic information, payment information, information about your communications and related activities, and information about your use of the Services. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services, your orders, and our marketing activities.
- Business Partners: We may receive your information from our business partners, such as companies that offer their products and/or services on our Services. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services, your orders, and our marketing activities.
- Other Sources: We may also collect personal information about individuals that we do not otherwise have a relationship with, for example, publicly available sources, third-party data providers, trade show partnerships, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you where permissible, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Additional Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may also use personal information we collect to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to fulfill our contractual obligations, to deliver the Services you have requested and to process transactions;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or Services, when you contact us or access our Services;
- Communicate with individuals, including via email, direct message and/or telephone calls;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including to market to you or offer you through email, information and updates on products or services we think that you may be interested in;
- Administer, improve and personalize our Services, including by recognizing an individual and remembering their information when they return to our Services;
- Process payment for our Services;
- Request individuals to complete surveys about our organization, organizations we partner with, and Services;
- Facilitate customer benefits and services, including customer support;
- Identify and analyze how individuals use our Services;
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets and business;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity;
- Comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
III. OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also share, transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information with and to third parties, as follows:
- One Codex Entities: We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by One Codex, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as One Codex, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
- Your Employer / Company: If you interact with our Services through your employer or company, we may disclose your information to your employer or company, including another representative of your employer or company.
- Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, marketing providers, payment processing services, and administrative services.
- Ad Networks and Advertising Partners: We work with third-party ad networks and advertising partners to deliver advertising and personalized content on our Services, on other websites and services, and across other devices. These parties may collect information directly from a browser or device when an individual visits our Services through cookies or other data collection technologies. This information is used to provide and inform targeted advertising, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. Please see the Third-Party Data Collection and Online Advertising section.
- Business Partners: From time to time, we may share personal data with our business partners or we may allow our business partners to collect your personal information where consistent with your expectations and permissible. Our business partners will use your information for their own business and commercial purposes, including to send you any information about their products or services that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. We may disclose personal information to a third-party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction or reorganization.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law. With Your Consent: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our Sites or service-related publications.
IV. THIRD-PARTY DATA COLLECTION AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our online services over time so that they may play or display ads on our Services, on other websites or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Sites, AdID, precise geolocation and other information. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to serve targeted ads to you and others on such platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider.
Please see Cookies and Online Ads under the Control Over Your Information section below, to learn how you can opt out of interest-based advertising.
For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see the Control Over Your Information section below.
V. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You may control your information in the following ways:
- Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
- Cookies and Online Ads: To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some — but not all — interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
VI. CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If an individual is under the age of 16, they should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that personal information.
VII. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR SERVICES
VIII. REGION-SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional information relating to the processing of personal information (as defined below) about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for additional information that may be applicable to you:
- California - Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 – also known as California’s “Shine the Light” – permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Nevada: If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Opt Out Request” to submit such a request.
X. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
XI. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at 2810 N Church St. PMB 86555, Wilmington DE, 19802-4447 United States.